- This event has passed.
5 June @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm£20
Strategies for the effective inclusion of learners with ADHD: for teaching and support staff, designed to successfully include learners with ADHD/ADD and related conditions.
This fun, informative and effective workshop provides each delegate with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the needs of learners with ADHD/ADD and provides the skills necessary to create appropriate interventions.
What to expect on the training…
- An overview of how the impairments affecting learners with ADHD/ADD may cause barriers to learning (What is ADHD? The key features of ADHD).
- Meeting the educational needs of the learner with ADHD/ADD. Some interactive activities and simple and effective strategies designed to meet a range of needs based on the impairments.
- Strategies and interventions for adapting the sensory environment to meet the behavioural needs of learners with ADHD/ADD.
- Why learners with ADHD/ADD need Visual Interventions and how they can benefit from them.
- An investigation into the type of language and presentation suitable for the needs of learners with ADHD/ADD.
- Promoting positive behaviour through effective practice.
- This training is supported by case studies and workshop activities during which each delegate will learn to:
- Understand the needs of learners with ADHD and the associated impairments.
- Create differentiated, age and level appropriate interventions.
- Adapt the sensory environment to meet the needs of individuals and groups of individuals.
Create effective behavioural interventions and strategies.