- This event has passed.
Creating Social Stories and Visual Strategies
20 May @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm£20
A Visual and Auditory Social and Behavioural strategy for teaching and support staff working with learners with Autism, Asperger Syndrome, ADHD and related conditions.
The aim of this fun, informative and effective workshop is to provide each delegate with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the needs of a range of learners and provide the skills necessary to create appropriate interventions.
What to expect on the training…
- Why learners with Autism and Asperger Syndrome (ASDs) need Social Stories and other Visual Interventions and how they can benefit from them.
- An overview of the ASD impairments, how they apply to Social Stories and Visual Interventions and understanding how they work.
- How to communicate effectively in order to enable social and emotional understanding.
- How learners with ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and related conditions can also benefit from these types of intervention.
This training is supported by case studies and workshop activities during which each delegate will learn to:
- Use visual communication tools to aid social and emotional understanding.
- Create differentiated, age and level appropriate ways of writing and presenting quick, effective and accurate Social Stories and other Visual Interventions.