Pathological demand avoidance syndrome (PDA)
12 June @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm£20
What to expect on the training…
An overview of how the impairments affecting those with PDA may cause difficulties (What is PDA? The key features of PDA).
- Meeting the needs of those with PDA. Some interactive activities and simple and effective strategies designed to meet a range of needs based on the impairments.
- Strategies and interventions for adapting the sensory environment to meet the behavioural needs of individuals with PDA.
- Why individuals with PDA need Visual Interventions and how they can benefit from them.
- How to create a range of differentiated age and level appropriate Visual Interventions for individuals with PDA
- An investigation into the type of language and presentation suitable for the needs of individuals with PDA.
- Promoting positive behaviour through effective practice
Course Outcomes… Each delegate will learn to:
- Understand the needs of individuals with PDA and the associated impairments.
- Create differentiated, age and level appropriate interventions
- Adapt the sensory environment to meet the needs of individuals and groups of individuals.
- Create effective behavioural interventions and strategies