- This event has passed.
Promoting positive behaviour for ADHD, ASD etc
19 June @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm£18
This training is designed to enable successful inclusion of a broad range of individuals and groups of learners including those with neurological disorders such as ADHD, Autism, Asperger Syndrome, other ASDs and related conditions whilst fully meeting the needs of their peers. Furthermore, the strategies below are completely appropriate and effective for a range of other learners.
The training will include:
- A brief overview of the impairments affecting learners with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (Autism/Asperger).
- An examination of the root causes and triggers behind negative behaviour and how to identify and avoid them.
- General learning environment strategies (linked to sensory issues). Using visual communication tools to aid behavioural social and emotional understanding.
- A brief overview of how the impairments affecting learners with ADHD/ADD may cause barriers to learning (What is ADHD/ADD and its key features?)
- Comorbidity, considering the existence of two or more conditions.
- An investigation into the type of language and presentation suitable for the needs of learners with ADHD/ADD.
Case Studies and Workshop Activities.
This training is supported by a range of case studies and brief workshop activities during which each delegate will learn to:
- Better understand the needs of learners with ASD/ADHDs and the associated impairments and their impact upon (negative) behaviors.
- Create differentiated, age and level appropriate behavioral interventions.
- Adapt the sensory environment to meet the needs of individuals and groups of individuals.
- Install a range of structured, multisensory motivational strategies/teaching and learning methods designed to improve learning skills and general in-class understanding.
- A range of strategies for promoting positive behaviour through effective practice.
- Empower the learner to effectively manage their behaviors.